Thursday, August 10, 2006

Rules and Regulations

I just finished having a conversation with the Nick and Rick about sex and relationships. Being that I've lived under a rock the past ten years, catching up with all of the new rules of dating hasn't been the easiest to say the least.

Apparently there's a big difference between making love, having sex and simply F*cking. When you F*ck someone, its just that, serving no other purpose but to satisfy one another's physical needs. When you like someone perhaps as a friend with benefits, you'll have sex with them which includes a bit more contact than a plain F*ck ie: kissing. Making love on the other hand is something that you share with a person to whom you have a special relationship with, maybe you significant other.

What makes this even more strange is that we all tend to agree that we could f*uck just about anyone, but yet will not put our tongue in another mouth unless we knew the person well enough. We could have sex with a friend or other interest without any reserve, however If we truly like someone that we're dating we tend to hold off on the sex for a bit longer than usual. This holds so true for my current status. I just allowed the secret admirer some special access but yet am taking things really slow in my current relationship with Ray. He and I have barely kissed, never made out, but have shared some naughty chat.

Why is it that we do this? Is it because I fear having a meaningless relationship with Ray like I do with the others in the picture?

Sigh...sometimes I think dating isn't worth the drama it creates. I get these mixed feelings and tend to subconsciously sabotage the relationship.

No comments: