Saturday, August 16, 2008

Monsoon Brewing


Did someone forget to tell me it was monsoon season?

I don't know maybe its just me, or maybe its just reminiscent of the storm brewing inside of me, but hasn't it rained everyday this week?! Not even just regular raining either... Power lines down, flash flooding and all.

Wanna know what I think? I think its symbolic of the storm brewing inside of me. Think I'm crazy? Your probably right! But I'm not alone. Throughout history various prominent writers have used rain as a symbolic reference to starting anew. Rain during a wedding for example wouldn't be viewed as a bad thing because it would symbolize their joining in marriage and starting a new life together. When the same wife is later laying in front of the corpse of her dead husband, the rain could then symbolize her freedom from years of marital abuse.

Ok, let me stop here. Just wanted to bring up the irony of the friggin monsoon season and my own struggle for happiness right now.

Good night Y'all!

No comments: