Friday, April 28, 2006

The Thrill of the Chase

I love a good challenge. Call me weird, but I actually enjoy being tested. The thrill of victory is probably the only thrills I'll get in a while. I've finally landed the transfer at my company that has been in the works for quite some time. I was more than qualified for the position, but for other reasons my transfer was being delayed, B.S. reasons. So how do I feel about the change? Honestly I'm a bit nervous. I will face life and death situations several times a day, and I will make the choice that determines how soon an ambulance will be dispatched, and which calls are prioritized. I have now doubt of my abilities, I'm just hoping that I get a little assistance from above.
Now there's another challenge that I've been working on for quite some time as well, almost a year to be exact. This one in the form of a man. He's a great guy, but driving me insane. Now the problem I have now is that the new job will interfere with my ability to have what I was looking for from him. I wont go into any further details, for risk of my inner secrets being made known. I'm not the type of person he's used to dating. In fact neither is he. That's what makes it even stranger. In fact its kinda exciting having a teenage like crush on him. It sorta keeps me sane, in a weird way. I cant begin to tell you how crazy it is to join one of those online personals sites in hopes of finding someone to take my mind off him, and guess who I find? Yes...You've got it... My crush. Tell me that wouldnt drive you crazy!!!

No comments: