Friday, August 10, 2007

Ma'am, Can I Have Another Please?


Last night I was in yet another bridal party. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for seeing two people happily in love with one another and all, but when the last of your friends is married off and someone jokingly asks who's left and they all look at me?! That's when I drink up some more and get my ass away from the table. I've been there, done that. Not to say I wouldn't do it again. I just don't see it in the foreseeable future. C'mon, I'm still paying for my divorce.

I'd be lying if I said that I don't miss being married though. Its what I miss about the marriage that might surprise you. I miss laying in bed at night and having someone to talk to. Someone to listen to my babbling as I would his. Someone to make all my troubles disappear with a simple kiss. To remind me that no matter how bad we want to, we cant stay in bed all day as he turns off the snooze button in the morning.

...Now that I think about it, what I miss the most has nothing to do with a legal document.

Anyways, best of luck to Jim & Ronnie!

No comments: