Sunday, November 02, 2008

Hott Mess

If you read my blog, you probably already know I'm full of emotions. However in person, many of the these are hidden. Co-workers for example don't get to see the Lisa that comes out when she mixes up all that love with a few drinks and some music to shake her ass to. I had a really good time last night, hope I didn't give Luz as many blackmail pics as I did at last years holiday party :P

Anyway, getting back to emotion. I decided I didn't want to go home to an empty house so I thought I'd crash at Mom's and snuggle up with the kids after leaving the party. The best route home would be the Grand Central pkwy, which passes what remains of a place that holds a special place in my heart... Shea Stadium. Unless you live under a rock, you probably already know the METS are getting a new stadium, Citifield. Driving on the highway passing Shea, I've become accustom to seeing the illuminated figures on the big blue Stadium known as William A. Shea Municipal Stadium. Now however, all I see is the glow of construction lights as they level my memories to the ground to make a parking lot for Citifield. Since the city no longer allows for use of explosives or wrecking balls, they must take it apart piece by piece. Ugh.. It feels like having all my teeth pulled out one at a time, invoking memories and bringing tears to your my each time I pass.

Yeah I know, I'm an emotional mess... but that's just me so get used to it, there's plenty more you'll get to see soon!

No comments: