Sunday, September 28, 2008

You've Got Mail


I was just sitting here chatting with a friend who's trying to get me to work for a hospital in Queens, looking for my resume in my email box when I came across a special collection of emails. Yes I'll admit it, I'm a dork. I saved every email we've ever sent each other.

Some made me laugh, some made me cry. But every last one reminded me of how much we've enjoyed one another. While I'm not certain of the future, our past is full of nothing but wonderful memories. I remember when the last thing I'd do before bed was send you an email and hope for a reply when I woke up. When I couldn't go more than an hour or two without stopping to see if I had a surprise waiting in my inbox. We've gone mobile now, but still very little has changed. I keep the text messages that hold special meaning to me and still reach for you when I wake up.

No comments: