Saturday, March 01, 2008

If Home's Where my heart is, Then I'm Out of Place

I know I'm a bit crazy, ok maybe... a bit more than most, but music really means alot to me. It's soothes me when I need it. It embraces an emotion I need to feel or quite simply allows me to be goofy and shake my ass with the kids. But have you ever heard a song that's moved you? I mean seriously moved you? This one song in particular brings me to tears for so many reasons:



The first time I heard this song I'd just moved back to NY from FL. My husband left me and abandoned our family. I lost everything, my house, my car, most of my possessions and my faith as I packed up and moved back to NY. This song somehow gave me hope. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know which path to choose or even how to get there. All I knew was that I was broken and needed to feel like someone was on my side.

No comments: