Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Pat on the back


I think I've done a pretty good job thus far with my kids. This week my schedule is crammed with graduation events for my eldest daughter Arriana. See I became pregnant with Arriana my senior year of high school. I missed my senior trip, prom and even all the graduation ceremonies, but ask me if I care?! The love I felt when I saw that little girl for the first time can never be relayed in a way to make you understand, and now this week my baby makes the transformation from elementary school student to junior high school.

Arriana started attending school at the young age of only 2. While technically she attended college with me at the age of 18 months, she didn't actually attend her own classes until I began working. I could've left her home with her dad while I worked, but the thought of leaving her home to wander while dad slept and passed the time playing video games was less than ideal for me. Instead I opted to enroll her in a center that began emphasizing the basic foundations of education at an age where most kids weren't even potty trained yet. So it came as no surprise to me that she's excelled in school over the years, receiving several awards along the way. I'm very proud of her accomplishments, I pray that she'll continue to strive for excellence as she enters her years of higher education. While it'll be increasingly difficult to protect her, I know I've given her everything she'll need to continue to make her mama proud. I love you baby! Congratulations!!!

No comments: