Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Can you really go backwards?

I get a phone call today from Bigdawg, asking if I wanted to come by and earn some extra credit from the teacher. You see, tonight I begin my new training at work, and guess who's training me? Don't get me wrong he's a great guy and it made me smile, but I couldnt ....

Let me take you to where it all began a little over a year ago...

I walk in to work one night and discover a new face. He was very funny and stocky, just the way I like 'em. After sharing many laughs and treating him to a 2am frosty from Wendys, I discovered the man was married. Just my luck!!! Ok, well we didn't do anything wrong and enjoyed the new friendship. We would bring each other snacks and share a lunch together and stay up all night chatting. It was great. Until Valetines day came around and other co-workers began to wonder why we were exchanging gifts, especially given he was married. Granted there was nothing more than that. Then before I knew it a whole year went by and we drifted apart. I began working the day shift and he began school. Until one day he calls me crying, his wife wants him out of the house... Naturally being the good friend I am, I offered help. He moved in with his best friend and I took him to walmart for house wares and all that stuff. I took my kids along, and treated him to Chuck E Cheese too, figuring it would cheer him up. Well he got the impression that I was trying to begin a relationship with him. I'm sure what we did in his room didn't help any either, but that was so not what I had intended.... sigh.
I really liked the friendship we had, and miss the innocent flirting. But now its all gone because In my opinion, It is impossible to be friends with benefits, and then go back to just being friends. Now for tonight, I'm gonna sit there all night and attempt to be trained by him. I know I can do it, I'm pretty good at hiding my emotions. But can he? I'll have to update you in the AM...

No comments: